The Haskins-Strand Fish Scaler is a heavy duty performer for commercial use.
The scaling head is shown with a diamond tooth tool.
This is a very durable, heavy duty fish scaler. It is still in operation in may plants after decades of use.
It is designed to be hung from a hook. It is turned on by removing the head from the U shaped hook, and pushing the hook up. When finished, placing the head back into the hook turns it off. This machine is designed for continuous use in commercial fish processing operations.
This machine is made by Northrock. It differs from the Northrock branded scaler by having a different hand piece, drive cables (Standard and HD), and connections to the motor and the hand piece. The motor, head, casing and tools are the same.
It has a 90 day limited manufacturer's warranty.
All hand fish scalers have a rotating metal drive shaft that should be lubricated when installed and monthly in use. We recommend this Food Grade Super Lube Grease available from Grainger.
Note on Voltage:
We recommend that you order the voltage that is in general use in your country. For countries in North America, it is 110v. For most other countries it is normally 220v.
Call us with any questions about buying the Haskins-Strand Electric Fish Scaler or to discuss your needs and the processing at your facility.
Residents of the 48 states can order on line or call. All others should call or email us for a quote including shipping.
We will help choose the best electric fish scaling and pin-bone removing products for you. Ask for Ron.
- Motor: 115V 60 hz 1/3 hp motor attached to on/off switch and hook storage unit.
- Weight & Size: Shipping Package is 30" x 19" x 19". Shipping weight is 38 lbs. Net weight 30 lbs.
- Electric cord: 6' L with 3 prong plug.
- Head Handle: Ceramic round handle 3 3/4" length.
- Scaling head: Solid steel 3" scaling surface with 4 3/8" shield that surrounds all but the
cutting knobs on the head
- Drive cable: The power cable is 5' long x 3/4" in diameter. 10" of protective steel is
wrapped around both ends of the cable.
- Warranty: 90 Day limited Manufacturer's warranty.
We carry all parts for the Haskins-Strand Fish Scaler. This is a link to the parts page, which also has maintenance guides and instructions.
Click to go to the Haskins Strand Parts Page